Chemex Brew Guide
What you'll need:
- 22 grams of specialty-grade whole bean coffee
- Filtered water
- Gooseneck kettle
- Chemex & filter
- Burr grinder
2) Grind size: coarse kosher salt (slightly coarser than V60, slightly finer than auto-drip). Flatten coffee bed (by hand/spoon or gentle shaking or tapping). Zero scale.
3) Start timer. Pour about 60-70 grams of water into the coffee bed,
circling/spiraling fairly rapidly. Get all the coffee wet!! Stir gently.
4) At 0:35, slowly pour small circles in the center of the wet coffee bed until the total mass reaches 200 grams (1:00).
5) At 1:30, pour small circles in center. Stop at 374 grams (1:45). Swirl entire brewer to wash any grounds on the filter walls back into the wet coffee bed. Total brew time should be 3:15-3:45. Adjust grind size to adjust taste.