*** Free UPS shipping on grinder and a free bag of Vibrant Coffee (up to $15 value) with your grinder purchase ***
Grinding for espresso? Let the Virtuoso’s professional-grade 40mm conical burrs perform their magic for a consistent, fine grind. How about a French Press? The Virtuoso can handle that too, with a particle size uniformity that gives you consistency from cup to cup. In fact, the Virtuoso is so consistent at both the coarse and fine ends of the grind range that we consider it to be in a class all by itself — and so do many of the micro- and specialty-roasters who swear by it.
The secret to the Virtuoso’s consistent, smooth grind is two-fold: an efficient DC motor keeps your beans cool, even during extended grind times, while a combination of electric and gear speed reducers slow the burr to 450 RPM, ensuring a smooth bean feed and reducing noise, heat and static buildup.
The Virtuoso’s exterior is just as finely tuned as its interior — a convenient front-mounted pulse button allows for grinding directly into an espresso filter basket, while a 60-second timer means that it’s easy to replicate the ideal grind time. With the Virtuoso, the look goes beyond merely functional. A sculptured metal top and base give this grinder an expensive, elegant image that adds a sense of class and quality to kitchen counters and coffee shop workspaces alike.
When you want it all, the Virtuoso is the grinder that will get you there with function, elegance, and style.
- Burrs: German made 40mm hardened steel M2 conical burrs
- Grind Adjustment: 40 settings from from espresso to press pot
- Grind Range: 200 — 1400 microns
- Rate of Grind: 1.5g/sec. — 2.4g/sec.
- Motor: A 450 RPM DC motor with gear speed reducer helps keep the beans cool while grinding. Gear speed reducer also reduces noise as well as heat and static build up. The circuitry is equipped with an automatically resetting thermal cutoff switch.
- No Load Burr Speed: 550 RPM
- Gearbox 2.0: Adds increased strength and durability of the drive transmission, all the while decreasing the noise output. The new gearbox includes a new drive shaft, motor mounting plate and bushings, as well as a new drive gear made of 15% glass filled thermo plastic. This thermo plastic is quieter than the prior metal gear, wears better, and is more shock resistant. During Baratza's testing, stainless steel screws were thrown into the burrs, and in every case the motor/gear/burrs stopped immediately due to the thermal cutout, helping preserve the gears. The gearbox is automatically-resettable if this were to happen.
- On-Demand Grinding: Front-mounted pulse button allows for easy, on-demand grinding, helpful for when you're grinding directly into a brew basket.
- Hopper Capacity: 8oz (227 g)
- Grounds Bin Capacity: 5oz (142 g)
- Dimensions: 4.7" x 13.8" x 6.3" (12cm x 35cm x 16cm)
- Weight: 8 lbs (3.6kg)
- Power Rating: 100-120VAC 50/60 Hz, 70W 0.8A
- Safety Listing: UL/CSA/CE/EK
- Warranty: One year
- Designed & Engineered: Seattle, WA, USA
*** Free UPS Ground shipping on grinder and a free bag of Vibrant Coffee (up to $15 value) with your grinder purchase. ***
Note: Free shipping is for UPS Ground only, USPS shipping may incur an additional shipping fee, please use a shipping address that works for UPS to get free shipping.
For more information go to: www.P65Warnings.ca.gov