*** Free UPS shipping on grinder and a free bag of Vibrant Coffee (up to $15 value) with your grinder purchase ***
Featuring 40 individual grind settings, from fine to coarse, the Encore can please any palate with its gamut of accurate and repeatable grind settings. The Encore has an accurate medium to coarse grind for the increasingly popular manual brew methods such as pour-over, Aeropress, Siphon and Chemex. The specially designed burrs give a precise grind with minimal fines for a flavorful, balanced extraction when making espresso.
- Burrs: Updated 40mm hardened steel conical burrs (optional M2 Burr upgrade, see note below)
- Grind Adjustment: 40 settings from fine to coarse allows a grind range of 250 to 1200 microns
- Rate of Grind: 0.8 g/sec. — 1.1 g/sec.
- Motor: A 450 RPM DC motor with gear speed reducer helps keep the beans cool while grinding. Gear speed reducer also reduces noise as well as heat and static build up. The circuitry is equipped with an automatically resetting thermal cutoff switch.
- Gearbox 2.0: Adds increased strength and durability of the drive transmission, all the while decreasing the noise output. The new gearbox includes a new drive shaft, motor mounting plate and bushings, as well as a new drive gear made of 15% glass filled thermo plastic. This thermo plastic is quieter than the prior metal gear, wears better, and is more shock resistant. During Baratza's testing of the Encore, stainless steel screws were thrown into the burrs, and in every case the motor/gear/burrs stopped immediately due to the thermal cutout, helping preserve the gears. The gearbox is automatically-resettable if this were to happen.
- On-Demand Grinding: Front-mounted pulse button allows for easy, on-demand grinding, helpful for when you're grinding directly into a brew basket.
- Hopper Capacity: 8oz (227 g)
- Grounds Bin Capacity: 5oz (142 g)
- Dimensions: 4.7" x 13.8" x 6.3" (12cm x 35cm x 16cm)
- Weight: 7 lbs (3.2kg)
- Power Rating: 110V AC 50/60Hz 1 Amp
- Safety Listing: UL/CSA/CE/EK
- Warranty: One year
- Designed & Engineered: Seattle, WA, USA
Note: you have the option to upgrade to the M2 burrs (Preciso, Virtuoso type) however, Baratza will ship these burrs in addition to your grinder but you will need to install them. Baratza has a series of videos on YouTube to show the steps to swap burrs:
Email us: whatsupwithburrs (at) vibrantcoffeeroasters.com if you have questions about grinders, burrs, or general questions before purchasing.
*** Free UPS Ground shipping on grinder and a free bag of Vibrant Coffee (up to $15 value) with your grinder purchase. ***
Note: Free shipping is for UPS Ground only, USPS shipping may incur an additional shipping fee, please use a shipping address that works for UPS to get free shipping.
For more information go to: www.P65Warnings.ca.gov